Best Products Reviewed and Revealed
If you love the outdoors and have spent a great deal of time camping, hiking, or other similar activities then you have probably heard of Columbia Sportswear Company. As one of the leading sportswear brands in North America this company has made quite a name for itself. It is known for providing rugged, high quality products at extremely reasonable prices. Now the same company that has been bringing you great sports clothing has another big surprise.
Columbia bedding sets are manufactured using the same high standards that go into each of the rest of this company’s products. Thus it’s not surprising each bedding product proudly carries the Columbia name and Columbia fully supports the manufacturing process from start to finish.
The Columbia bedding range uses colors and hues reflecting their camping, hiking, outdoor adventure heritage, which lends quite a masculine feel to the bedding. Products include:
1. Bedding sets
Columbia’s bedding set range includes:
- The Hudson Bay Comforter Set – made in rich warm deep brown hues this set comes in all the standard sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King. All pieces are made from 100% cotton, making it easy to machine wash at home and comes with three pieces: a comforter, twin shams (the Twin only has one sham), and a bed skirt. The comforter also has 100% cotton fill. Sold separately, you can also buy a matching 300 thread count 100% cotton percale sheet set, along with decorative shams and pillows to make a full bed-in-a-bag set. See our detailed review here.
- The Tacoma Bedding Collection – featuring a spice-red, ivory and brown comforter, matching sheet set, braided Euro sham and pillows, this bedding collection is also made of 100% cotton for durability and easy cleaning. See our detailed review here.
- The Columbia Jersey Comforter Set – made of 100% cotton jersey, it comes in two sizes: twin and full/queen. Featuring bright hollyberry and moss green colors this set includes a comforter and two standard shams (twin set only has one sham). The comforter is also reversible for two looks in one!
- Down Alternative Comforter sets – these sets are safe for allergy sufferers as they are made from 100% polyester microfibre. This material is also resistant to moisture, keeps its shape well, and has the convenience of being machine washable. The sets are available in twin, full/queen and king sizes, and come in a variety of colors such as pebble, navy, Tacoma and cabin plaid navy. The twin set has a comforter and one sham, the other sizes come with two shams. Another great feature of the comforter is that it is reversible, allowing you to instantly update the look of your bed.
2. Sheet sets
Columbia makes two types of sheet sets:
- 100% microfibre sheet sets – featuring 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases, these sheet sets are very economically priced and brushed for extra softness. Microfibre is cheaper than its cotton equivalent, with its very fine fibres making the material soft, very stain resistant, yet durable and easy to care for. The sheets are available in a variety of colors and patterns.
- 100% cotton percale sheet sets matching the Tacoma and Hudson Bay bedding themes. Note that percale is not a type of cotton. It refers to a type of high quality bed linen in which the threads are woven in a very tight pattern, usually of varying materials, usually cotton or a blend of cotton and polyester. The advantage of percale is a tighter, higher quality weave than standard sheets. Thus the sheets last longer, hold up better to washing, and have a smoother and crisper touch.
Throws and blankets
- Columbia Fleece blankets are made from 100% polyester fleece. Great for the car, camping, gifts or an extra blanket on the bed, they are available in twin, full/queen and king sizes. Very economically priced, they are available in a variety of colors including willow, tobacco, port and beach.
- Throws – also made from 100% polyester fleece, they are snugly soft and come in a variety of outdoor and university themes.
Without a doubt, Columbia’s best bedding products are its comforter sets.
The Hudson Bay Comforter set is the top selling product and is very well priced compared to comparable sets by other manufacturers. We think that one of the best measures of the quality of a bedding set comes from customer feedback. The Hudson Bay comes up trumps in this area, with 66% of customers scoring it a 5 out of 5, and all the rest scoring it 4 out of 5. We therefore highly recommend this set to you.
If you suffer from allergies, or would like a lighter alternative to a cotton comforter, Columbia’s Down Alternative Comforter sets make a good choice. Considerably cheaper than the cotton Hudson Bay set, it also gets good customer reviews – generally around 3.5 – 4 stars out of 5. The main complaint with this product is that the colors don’t match those seen on screen. However, this is a common complaint with online shopping due to the variations in computer monitors and the quality of the photo. Keeping this in mind, we have no hesitation in recommending Columbia’s down alternative comforters to you.
Where Can You Buy Columbia Products?
You can buy Columbia Bedding online from Amazon and CSN Stores. Both are trusted giants in online retailing, provide great customer service and are hard to beat on price. At the time of writing, Amazon had a larger range of products available – particularly of the blankets and throws. CSN Stores, however, was offering free shipping!